Tim Quinn - Author, Performer, Instructor
“…one of the strongest singers/guitarists/entertainers I have seen in this town… Tim Quinn is VERY proficient at what he does…a steady flow of jazz, fusion, blues, and even a hint of country licks.”
Blue Ink Magazine
Tim Quinn - Author of Guitar Books
Tim is an active instructional guitar book author. Mel Bay Publications is currently promoting Tim's "Fluid Soloing Series". This four book series is marketed toward rock guitarists, but the material actually applies to all styles of soloing; including jazz, blues, rock, fusion, shred, country, and pop. Tim is currently finishing several upcoming books/DVDs in rock technique, jazz soloing, jazz chording, acoustic blues, electric blues soloing, slide guitar, country soloing and chord/scale theory.
Tim Quinn - Performer
Over 3.000 professional gigs performed in all syles of music. I have opened shows for Albert King, Shawn Lane, and Tower Of Power.
- 2014-Present: SOLO JAZZ GUITAR (jazz standards)
- 2003-Present: FREELANCE GUITARIST/SESSION MUSICIAN
- 1999-2003 TIM QUINN & VENUS ELECTRIC (fusion, blues, jazz, rock, funk)
- 1995-1998 TIM QUINN JAZZ TRIO (jazz standards)
- 1991-1994 RICK GAZLAY GROUP (progressive electric blues/rock)
- 1989-1991 THIRD DEGREE (rock)
- 1988-1989 DEL VIKINGS (nationally touring 50’s band)
- 1988-1989 TIM QUINN QUARTET (contemporary jazz)
- 1987-1988 WESTWIND (country)
- 1986-1987 KENT MORRILL & THE BOP DON’T STOP (touring 50’s band)
- 1984-1986 COLLAGE (top 40 cover band)
- 1981-1983 COCO BLUE (classic rock)
- 1979-1981 WHITE HOT (Southern Rock, Classic Rock)
Musical Degrees and Studies
- Bachelor of Music Degree in Jazz Guitar, Performance
- Tim received a Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Guitar from the prestigious University of North Texas, graduating magna cum laude, with a minor in music theory.
- Additionally, he is an alumnus of the Berklee College of Music in Boston, as well as the University of Denver-Lamont School of Music.
- Tim studied classical guitar seriously for six years while at University of North Texas and University of Denver-Lamont School of Music.
- Masters level studies in Jazz, San Diego State University, one year, 2011-2012
Steve Morse, Pat Martino, Billy Thompson, David Lloyd, Doug Raney, Albert Lee, Shawn Lane, Albert King, Barry Greene, John Coltrane, Jimi Hendrix, Rick Gazlay, Joe Satriani, Glen Campbell, Jimmy Raney, Barney Kessell, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Greg Howe, Robben Ford, Eric Clapton, Joe Pass, Johnny Winter, Al DiMeola, Vinnie Moore, Carlos Santana, Eddie Van Halen, Frank Zappa, Igor Stravinsky, Allan Holdsworth, Dexter Gordon, Johnny Smith, Danny Gatton, Jeff Beck, Wes Montgomery, Tommy Emmanuel, Frank Gambale, Birele Lagrene, Pat Donohue, Tony Rice, Chet Atkins, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Daryl Hall.