I offer a very comfortable learning environment in my professional home studio, where you get the highest level of guitar instruction available in San Diego.
Email me on the contact page for more information. Let's talk about how I can really help you improve your guitar playing.
What to Look For in a Guitar Teacher
Create A Notebook
- Extensive professional teaching experience
- Extensive professional performance experience (see Bio)
- College degree in music performance (see Bio). This means that your teacher has earned a degree in being able to play the guitar well.
- Accomplishments that back up their credentials (see Bio)
- Full utilization of digital technology for the most effective learning and the most effective guitar lessons. Let me show you what state-of-the-art guitar lessons ARE!
- Ability to clearly describe in detail their teaching methods and materials
- Be selective. The cheapest teacher is usually not the most successful or skilled teacher. Study with a true professional.
- Has strong communication skills
- Appeals to you both as a person as well as mentor
- Works independently of an umbrella internet-based "music school" (which is usually just a commission-based student recruiting service, not a school! Most established teachers avoid these!)
- Operates out of their own studio. A guitar teacher who only offers guitar lessons out of YOUR home cannot provide the rich library of teaching materials, reference recordings, and digital/electronic resources that are part of a professional studio, such as mine.
- Air-conditioned studio, equipped with guitars, amps, recording gear